Summer and Salmon Patties


It is the end of a very hot weekend. On Saturday we were able to take Little Speed Racer out to play in the sand box, the sprinklers, and he got to play golf in the back yard with his Pa Pa. But today it was far too hot to get out and about. We stayed inside and watched Downton Abbey.

For lunch I felt like making something we haven’t had in a very long time.

Salmon patties are quick and easy to make. On most hot days I don’t cook but I do get tired of sandwiches. On the weekend, when I have time to cook, I like to make least one dish. Salmon Patties only heat up the stove top and only for a short time. I hope you’ll give these a try. I’ll be tossing a couple of these in my lunch bag tomorrow morning. I like them hot or cold.

Salmon Patties



Ingredients

1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained
2 eggs
½ a sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed
½ a cup of milk
½ an onion, finely chopped
2 TBSP flour
Olive oil for cooking

Directions


Combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands mix the ingredients together. The mixture will be pretty wet but it should hold together. If you find the mixture to be too wet add some more flour. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet. Shape patties out of the mixture and place in the hot oil to fry.


Brown the patties on each side. Let cook until the patties are brown and crusty and then place on a plate lined with a paper towel to allow excess oil to drain. Continue until you have made salmon patties with all of the mixture. 

I served these with avocado and tomato. Often these are good with a splash of lemon juice and a side of cocktail sauce. They are great leftover or made into a sandwich.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts