Leftover Pot Roast = Crockpot Beef Carnitas Tacos


It’s been a busy couple of months. We moved in with my parents after the house we rented flooded. Then the next week I started a new job. It was a big promotion. I received an incredible opportunity and I am incredibly grateful. But opportunities look an awful lot like work. Right now it’s hard work and long hours at the office. I’m lucky that my parents are helping out with our son when I have to work late and my husband has odd hours. 

I think that for the foreseeable future my blog posting will be spotty at best. Luckily, I have an extra day off this week and just enough time to write up a blog post with a recipe. 


A couple of months ago, just before our house flooded, Red Gold sent me a nice sample pack of products. With all of the craziness I hadn't had the time to make up a recipe or use the products until this weekend. Boy, am I glad they sent these to me. It was nice to try something new. 

I really like the pot roast cooked in the Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro. I didn't have to add anything else and it tastes great! 

We had some leftover pot roast that was pretty tough. We didn’t want it to go to waste and now that we are a household of 5 (4 adults and one little boy) we make bigger meals. So mom and I each made a meat dish for tacos. I made a beef dish and she made a pork dish. They were distinctly different and really good. Click here to see her blog post and recipe called Carintas!  Since my husband loves variety at a meal, he was a happy camper. Cooking our leftover, tough pot roast this way made it very tender.




Crockpot Beef Carnitas Tacos

Ingredients


-For Carnitas

Leftover Pot Roast (about pound)

1 Can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro

-For Serving

Corn tortillas

Shredded cheese

1 ripe Avocado sliced 


Directions
Put a Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner in your crockpot to make cleanup easy. 

Shed apart your leftover pot roast and put it in the crockpot. Pour in one can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro. Stir it together and put the lid on the crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours. 


To serve, heat your corn tortillas in a skillet on the stove with a little oil. Spoon some carnitas on a tortilla then top with shredded cheese and avocado.

The leftover Carnitas made great nachos the next night.
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts