Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip Bread



Yesterday, I helped my mom run a booth at this Rust and Rufflesshow in Chickasha, OK. She had all sorts of re-purposed furniture to sell.  Some of her projects are even featured on the Krylon FaceBook and can be found on Krylon Projects in a Can. You can also see them on her blog Kelli’s Kitchen. Take some time and check them out. We are tired from the busy weekend but mom and I had a great time. It’s nice to get to do stuff like that with my mom. Not everyone gets to have that kind of relationship with a parent. I’m glad we can still go do fun stuff together. She's thinking about doing the next Rust and Ruffles show in Texas. If she's there I'll be with her (if I can). 

My husband and I didn’t know what to have for dinner tonight. But lately I’ve been thinking about this artichoke crab dip I had at a Christmas party years ago. It was incredible. I wonder what the caterer put in that dip to make me want it all these years later. I fully intend to experiment to find something that tastes similar. This tastes nothing like my memory of that dip, but it’s still a great recipe and easy to make. My husband loved it.

I think next time I’ll put more crab meat in it. Maybe instead of canned I’ll buy fresh. But even using canned it was very good and very cheesy. It's kind of like a pizza. Hmmm... I wonder how it would be with alfredo sauce? 

Also, notice the new stickers and frames on my pictures! I like them. What do you think? I'm still experimenting. I added them using PicMonkey.

Cheesy Artichoke Crab Dip Bread

Ingredients

1 loaf Italian Bread
8 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ Cup of Mayonnaise
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, diced
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 can (6.5 oz) crab meat (or more for a crabbier taste)
1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 425.

Cut Italian bread in half. Drizzle with olive oil and top with buffalo mozzarella.

In a medium-large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts, crab-meat, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.

Divide the mixture evenly between the 2 slices of bread. Spread the mixture over the mozzarella cheese (I used my hand because it's easier). Then sprinkle with the Italian blend cheese.  

Bake for 8-10 min. or until cheese begins to melt.Broil for 2-3 min or until cheese is golden. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
Let the bread cool a bit so the toppings can set. It is easiest to cut up the bread using a pizza cutter.


I served mine with sliced of ripe red tomato and avocado. 
Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts