The Zoo, Doctor Who, and Cake


Our Trip to the Zoo

This weekend we took our son on his first visit to the zoo. We had a great time at the OKC Zoo even though it was incredibly hot and humid.  Andy was mildly interested in the animals. We only made it through part of the zoo in the 3 hours we were there. I was thankful to find something in my bag to tie my hair back with and Andy was happy to get rid of his shoes early on. We will have to go back, but maybe closer to fall, when it’s cooler. Maybe by then Andy will be more interested in the animals.
'The Name of the Doctor': Photos
I was also in the mood to make a peanut butter cake. I hadn’t had one in a long time. I thought PB Cake would be the perfect treat for the season finale of Doctor Who. And I was right! I’m ready for the 50th Anniversary Special now. But we’ll have to wait until November for that. No Spoilers here! I have friends who still have to watch!
Until then, give the cake a try.



Peanut Butter Bundt Cake


Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
Ingredients
4 Eggs
1 Stick of Butter Softened
1 Cup of Water
¾ Cup of Peanut Butter (I used Peter Pan Creamy)
Directions
Preheat the oven according to the cake mix box directions.
Grease your pan. I used a bundt pan and I used Bakers Joy. I like Bakers Joy because it has flour in it and it’s great for baking.  
In a large bowl mix all ingredients together using a hand mixer.
Pour the batter in to the pan and bake according to the directions on the box. In the bundt pan, I baked mine for 40 minutes.
Peanut Butter Cake


You can put icing on the cake or serve it with ice cream. But I’m happy to eat my cake unadorned...with Doctor Who...and my husband. 

Comments

Popular Posts