Speedy Tortellini and Sausage Toss


Speedy Tortellini and Sausage Toss 


On Monday I head back to work. We are so lucky that we have my grandmother, my mom, and my husband’s mom. They are our incredible support system and will all pitch in to provide daycare for Andy. It will save us a ton of money. I have an hour long commute (with traffic) to and from work each day. That can my my days run pretty long.

I've spent the last week trying out some quick, easy, and cheap meals that either I or my husband can make on week nights. A couple of recipes that I tried went on our “It’s okay but let’s not ever make that again” list. I have prepared some freezer meal meat bags that my husband can easily thaw and either cook something or have ready for me to cook.

One recipe, which I made up out of stuff I had in the freezer, turned out to be our winning recipe of the week. It was easy and it went on our “We could make this once a week” list. So I thought I would share it with everyone. It was so satisfying.

I had a package of tortellini and a package of polish sausage in the freezer and thought it sounded good. Did you know that you could freeze that refrigerator pasta like tortellini and ravioli? You can and it tastes just fine. Also, have you tried Olive Garden Italian Dressing? It’s incredible! We buy it in a 2 pack at SamsClub.com. LOVE it! Give it a try.

Speedy Tortellini and Sausage Toss

1 package of tortellini
1 package of polish sausage sliced
½ onion diced
1 tomato diced
½ cup of Italian dressing (we used olive garden)
½ shredded cheese (we used Kraft Italian 5 cheese blend)

sauté the polish sausage and diced onion 

While you boil the water for the tortellini sauté the polish sausage and diced onion.  

Boil Tortellini

Cook the tortellini according to the package directions (usually boil for 5 min). Place the drained tortellini and sausage/onion mix in a large bowl. Throw in the diced tomatoes and Italian dressing. You could add black olives or anything else you have on hand.
Toss it all together and sprinkle the cheese on top. 

This is wonderful!
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Well yum. That looks just delicious. I cannot wait to try this recipe out. Come and visit. We have some wonderful things on the menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope you try it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts