Life Strikes Again


Sometimes, when you think you’ve got it all figured out, life throws you a curve ball. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s what happens every time I get too comfortable. That’s probably how it is for most people.
There’s nothing for it but to pick up and handle it. That’s what the voice in my head always says. It’s easier said than done but I find that if I keep that attitude it’s much more manageable. It’s better than spinning in place and wondering aloud to the heavens what I should do or “why me.” Those things are only productive for the first 10 minutes and then it’s time to do something about it.
Sometimes this means I have to put the things I want to do on hold for a while. My writing career is usually the first thing to be placed on pause. My current situation is no different. So, for the time being I will not be writing as much as I would like. I had planned on participating in NANOWRIMO this year but it will all depend on how things go. I’ll do my best to keep up my blog. But my post topics might be determined by whatever I happen to be doing at the moment.
I’ve read a number of other bloggers lamenting their family duties that get in the way of their writing. Still others suggest that you must not put your writing on the back burner and you must carve out time no matter what. Seriously? I love my family and my life. They are and always will be my number one priority. I will always choose them first, without a second thought. Do I wish I had enough time to pull it all off? Of course I do. But I’m not willing to wear myself out to do it.
You can be a real writer and have a healthy set of priorities. Don’t let anyone tell you different. When the dust settles I’ll pick up my laptop again and start working on my WIP again. Until then, look for somewhat erratic blog posts over the next couple of months.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I hope everything works out okay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely. Family has to come first. But it's so hard when you love writing. Hope everything works out and you're back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris and Lee! I appreciate the support. I’m sure things will work out fine…or at least the way it’s supposed to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts