Keep Trying

I was very excited about two months ago when I found out my short story was in the second round of a competition. I waited and checked every day after to see if there was some notification. I hoped and I hoped and I found out finally. I did not place. I’m still waiting on my score and it should arrive by sometime next week.
I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed. I would have loved to at least place. But there’s nothing I can do about it now. I just have to lick my wounds and try again. Suck!
But this is part of what it takes to get published. It’s the crummy part. It’s the loosing part. I hate to lose. Ask anyone who knows me. I have a terrible competitive streak. But that competiveness is also what makes me keep trying.
Good luck to all of us who keep trying.
KD

Comments

Popular Posts