New Year...New Diet

It’s 2011 and I’ve begun working on my list. We started the diet today and I instantly became grouchy. Maybe it’s the lack of food. Actually it’s probably the abundance of food in our refrigerator that I can’t touch. I could have a little but I want a lot. I’m starting off pretty stringent because I know I will slack off soon enough.
One of the hardest parts is finding recipes that we both like…or that even one of us likes. Do all healthy recipes have to be so awful or weird? We’ve decided to make the dishes we like using healthier ingredients. At least it will be somewhat like a meal we enjoy.
We are doing the new Weight Watchers Points Plus program. It’s not too bad. I get 29 point and David gets 47. I’m pretty sure 29 is the minimum on points. Damn.
I’m going back to work tomorrow and my vacation went nothing like I had planned. I got almost nothing accomplished that I had wanted to. But I did have a pretty good time with my family. The fact that I have to go back to work tomorrow is making me a little cranky, too. Maybe I should have another Jell-O. At least they are zero points.
Good luck to everyone else that decided to lose weight in 2011.  
KD

Comments

Popular Posts