Future Famous Writer! Bumper Stickers from Zazzle.com

Future Famous Writer! Bumper Stickers from Zazzle.com

The link above is a bumper sticker I designed for a Zazzle contest on Facebook. I didn’t win. I actually came pretty close to being in the top 10 but I didn’t quite make it. I’m okay with that. Because I tried and I came close. Sometimes just getting close feels rewarding. Some people that I don’t know liked it well enough to vote for it. That feels good. I think that’s what I enjoy about writing. It’s why I enjoy writing this blog and why I enjoy writing fiction. I like it when strangers enjoy something I produce. Strangely I do not enjoy it when people I know read or enjoy my work. I’m shy that way.
I asked David to agree to not read my blog…ever…unless I specifically ask him to. I have asked the same of my mom. I’m pretty sure I only know of 1 friend that reads it…or knows about it. And that’s the way I prefer it. I recognize that at some point as this goes on I’ll have to get over that fear and accept that people I know will read my work. I’m just not ready to do it today. I know enough about myself that if those people read my blog I would sensor myself. And that is something I do not want to do.
I’m still learning to be comfortable in my own creative skin. I hope I get there one day. I hope I’m not 50 when I finally do get there. As I’m zeroing in on 30 the age of 50 still seems far off and old. Kind of like 30 used to seem when I was so far away from it. Such is life.
But take a look at my bumper sticker if you like. Feel free to purchase it if you have the same wish for yourself or someone else.
KD

Comments

Popular Posts