David’s Dinner

David made his first attempt at a weight watchers dinner. I thought it was really good.
He used the Land O Lakes Light butter. It’s just 1 weight watchers point plus per tablespoon.
Sautéed Mushrooms
He sautéed 1 package of sliced mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of light butter. This was a great dish and the whole dish was 1 WW point. Honestly, I probably could have eaten all of it but I decided to be nice and share.
Sautéed Shrimp
1 lb of Colossal Jumbo Shrimp. Peeled and deveined.
1 tablespoon of light butter
Blackening Seasoning to taste
Cover shrimp in the blackening seasoning and sauté in a pan until the shrimp is cooked. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
4 WW Points Plus for 2 Shrimp (But they are really big).
We cooked a Green Giant Steamer: Roasted Red Potatoes, Green Beans & Rosemary Butter Sauce. I’m not going to tell you the points because I didn’t eat more than a couple of bites. I did not like it and we both agreed that we would not get it again. It had an off perfume taste to it.
David did a great job on his first try! I think it’s important for both of us to participate in the cooking if we are both on the diet. Sharing the diet responsibility is important. Luckily, David and I have always shared the cooking responsibilities so he didn’t really argue. He just needed some coaching through his first try. I’m very proud of him.
KD

Comments

Popular Posts