Trying New Restaurants and Catching up the Blog

I’m home today because of the impending doom of an ice and snow storm. I’m a little behind on my blogging so I’ll play catch up today.


I’ve tried two new places since the last time I posted. I tried Big Truck Tacos in Oklahoma City. I have heard from friends and family that it’s wonderful and it is. I had a wonderful take out lunch from there for about $7 and I would so go back again and again and again. I had Chips and Guacamole ($4.25) and a Crispy’acado ($2.75) it’s a taco with a breaded and deep fried avocado inside. Mmmmmm… Too bad David didn’t get to try this with me. But I’m absolutely sure we will go soon. I really want to find time to go in and sit down for dinner. OOooo…. And breakfast. They serve breakfast until 11!!!

David and I want to try Orange Tree Frozen Yogurt in Norman. That was good, too. I liked all of variety. Lots of yogurt flavors and a buffet of toppings. Mine was a little over $5 and so was David’s. All together it was just under $11. It was a nice treat while we watched Chuck. We’ll go there again.

On our Awesome Coupon Date we went to Taste of India in Norman. This is a place I’ve been eating at since I was an undergrad but it was David’s first time. We used a coupon from the Entertainment Coupon Book and we saved $10 on our bill. I love this place. They have a great lunch buffet that is very reasonably priced. I would recommend this place to anyone. The couple who own and run it are very nice and the service is always excellent. When I go for dinner I like to order the Tandoori Mixed Grill (amazing grilled chicken, beef and lamb), Raita (yogurt soup/dip), Naan bread, and the assorted appetizers. The Masala Indian Tea is a treat and I love to have either Keehr (rice pudding) or Gulab Jamun (like syrupy donut holes). If you have never tried Indian food I would recommend a buffet first so you can try lots of different dishes and find out what you like. David liked it and I’m glad. We can go there more often now.

Coupon book -$21.00
                      +$18.03 saved (running total)
                     ___________
                        - $2.97

Okay, that concludes the food portion of my post.

I’ve been trying to write every week. I have managed to do it most of January. We have started a writing circle and our first meeting was supposed to tomorrow night. But we have to postpone it because of the storm.

I still need to write more. I’m ready to build a writing career. I just have to learn how to do this while I work a full time job and have a life, too.

I’ve spent a lot of time tweaking the same story over and over. I just can’t get it right. I’ve think the ending is the problem. I really think this could be a good story if I could just get it right.

As far as reading goes I and shamefully behind on my reading. I have a stack of books started and not finished. Maybe I’ll catch up on some of that today, too.



KD

Comments

  1. The Crispy’acado is one of Cindy's favorites. So glad you liked BTT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts