It’s a New Year! Things I love

Things I Love List in no particular order:


My Dyson Vacuum: this thing seriously cleans.



Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: They’re just plain good.

David: My Boyfriend. He’s a person and not a thing but he’s on my list.

Oreo Balls: I’ll give the simple recipe below.

My Family: They are crazy but who has a sane family?

My friends: I truly care about all of them.

Book: The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg

I don’t have to go back to work until next Monday. It’s a nice little vacation I’ve set up for myself. I had 3 more stories rejected this last week. It was a contest and I didn’t place. I’ll live. I would just like to get another story published. Any one will do. To do this I have to write more and send out more. I have to become a better writer.

Today was the Chore Day of my vacation. I had a few big chores that needed doing. They were vacuuming and mopping all of the floors in the house. Then there was dusting. I also had to scrub the bathtub and shower. And the stove needed to be cleaned, too. After that I was done. I was soooo done. We had pizza for dinner. Yay for not having to cook.

Things I would like to see invented:

A really incredible and strong shower cleaner that doesn’t give off toxic fumes.

An effective oven cleaner that will not burn my skin off.

A way to motivate me to write more fiction.

I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. David asked me what mine was and I told him that I used to but I don’t anymore because I never keep them. But I do have a 2010 plan. Part of my plan for the next year is to write fiction every week and keep up with this blog all year. Another part of my plan for 2010 is to eat healthier and take vitamins on most days. Beyond that I want to try new things this year and enjoy all sorts of new experiences.

Oreo Balls:


1 package of Oreos, crushed

1 Package of Cream Cheese, softened

1 package of Chocolate Almond Bark

Mix crushed Oreos with Cream Cheese. Let sit for 30 min.

Melt Almond Bark in microwave. Make small balls with dough and dip in almond bark. Place on foil or wax paper to cool. These are great. Store in the fridge.


KD

Comments

Popular Posts