Cookies!

Unless you buy Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies in bulk and freeze them it's hard to get them year round. I’ve made a number of holiday cookies and sweets today and decided to share the pictures and the recipes over the next week or so. I’ll start with the Thin Mints because they are so popular around the holidays. 

These are a lot like Girl Scout Thin Mints. The hardest part is breaking the graham crackers along the perforation. But they don’t have to be perfect. Also, if you try using chocolate gram crackers instead of regular. But I like to use what I have. 

Thin Mints With Almonds

Ingredients




Graham Crackers
1 bag of Andes Mint Baking Chips
Chopped almonds (optional)

Directions

Break a package of graham crackers along the perforations. Lay out a strip of wax paper on your counter. Melt Andes baking chips in the microwave. Dip and cover each cracker in the melted Andes chocolate. Lay on wax paper to cool. Sprinkle chopped almonds over cookies while chocolate is still wet. Let sit on counter until chocolate hardens.


The Andes mints don’t go very far so you will need a lot to make a whole box of graham crackers.

In other interesting news I have some good short story ideas. I’m still thinking about how to frame them. I’ve had another story rejected but that’s how it goes. I’m staying positive about it. Luckily, I have a wonderful family, great friends, and an amazing boyfriend. Now, if I could just sell a story for a million dollars I’d be all set.

Anyway, try out the cookies! They are great!

Comments

Popular Posts