Daniel Tiger Birthday Party Invitations

Daniel Tiger Invitation
It’s time for our son’s 2nd birthday! 

We chose a Daniel Tiger theme for the birthday party. I never expected to be the type of mom that loves to throw themed birthday parties.  But it turns out that I am. This year’s birthday party will not be the big to do that we had last year but it will be full of fun and family. Last year was our son’s Dohl.
Our son has grown so much over the last year and it’s all flown by in a kind of blur. It feels like we are on a train that’s picking up speed.
I like to make the invitation and most of the decorations for Andy's birthday parties. It takes time and planning but I really enjoy it. 

This post is about how I made the birthday party invitations.

I used MS Publisher and used a postcard template to design the invitation. Two invitations printed on a page. 
A friend of my mom’s painted a Daniel Tiger watercolor and scanned it so we could have it on the invitations. If you don't have a friend that can paint something for you, try something else like a picture of your child or something else to represent your party theme. 
I used ClipArt to create the background and WordArt for the title. 

Invitation on MS Publisher

We printed the invitations on our home color printer using card stock paper. We purchased envelopes at Wal-Mart.  Then I cut out the invitations and we mailed them to our family and friends.
It was a totally inexpensive and cute birthday invitation for our Daniel Tiger party. It was so easy to make.
I suggest making your own birthday invitations if you are looking for a way to save a little money and get creative. 

Comments

Popular Posts