Planning Our Little Dragon’s Dol

The night I wrote my last blog post my father-in-law suddenly passed away. It’s taken this long for me to feel like I could or should write another post. Sometimes when big things happen in the real world my blogging life goes on hold. I'm happy to be back again.

Our little boy turns 1 in just a week. We have been planning his Dol for months. Don’t know what a Dol is?

Wikipedia says: Dol or doljanchi is a Korean tradition that celebrates the first birthday of a baby. This ceremony blesses the child with a prosperous future and has taken on great significance in Korea. The birthday babies wear a hanbok and a traditional hat: a jobawi or gulle for baby girls and a bokgeon or hogeon(호건) for baby boys.


We have our son’s outfit ready to go. My mother-in-law chose it. 
Almost everything is ready…or as ready as it can be in advance. I really have enjoyed planning this party. I just wish there were more cute dragon birthday decorations. He was born in the year of the Dragon and that’s our theme this year. It’s been hard to find much that I really liked. I ordered a thing or two from etsy.com and the rest we’ve been making. Maybe as I share here other parents will find some ideas for their little dragon’s Dol. 

Below is a link to one of the projects we have been working on. I’ll post real party pictures after the big day.


Comments

  1. So sorry for your loss, Holly. Your family has been in my prayers. Your mom just posted an adorable photo of that sweet baby in his Korean outfit on Facebook. So sweet! What a special occasion for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! Spelled your name wrong. So sorry. I realized just as I hit Publish. This thing should have an edit button.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Don't worry about misspelling. I don't mind.

      Delete
  2. My father-in-law unexpectedly passed away the evening after I wrote my previous blog entry. It has taken me this long to feel as like I ought to or could write another post. Occasionally, significant events in my life outside of blogging take priority. During challenging times, it's essential to focus on what matters most. If you ever feel the need for support or guidance during such periods, you might consider seeking online class help from professionals who can provide understanding and assistance tailored to your specific circumstances. It makes me glad to be back, and I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts